The G&R building was built in the early 1900″s. Then, in 1962, G&R Tavern was established. 1985 brought new ownership — Joy and Bernie Lewis, who frequented G&R while growing up. When they took over, the trio decided to steer the tavern into more of a family restaurant, the type of place where peanut butter-chocolate cream pies are made each morning. Their menu was kept simple, from the famous Bologna sandwich to pizza, salads, and fried seafood baskets.